Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 22:22, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> El mi? 28-05-2003 a las 22:02, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> > On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 15:44, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > >     gnome-system-tools
> > >
> > >       This module is being discussed on d-d-l at the moment. Left undecided.
> > >

> > In general, I agree with all the choices.  I like the idea of g-s-t, but
> > it currently lacks FreeBSD and Solaris support.  Every time I've tried
> > to contact the g-s-t developers to get some guidance, tips, etc. on
> > implementing FreeBSD support, I've been ignored.  It seems to me, this
> > is the most platform-specific component of the desktop, and if I had to
> > point to what doesn't belong, it would be this.
>
> could you define "ignored"? it's true that you sent an unanswered mail,
> but please, don't confuse my lack of time with ignoring people, as I
> can't force the other developer(s) to give his opinion and answer people
> in the setup-tools-hackers list.

Forgive me.  I didn't mean to flame.  Ignore was too strong of a word.
I understand lack of time.  My point was more to the lack of
cross-platform functionality.

> I thought that this was a solved issue (I apologized widely in the
> answer to your second mail), and I just answered to _all_ the questions
> you made in both mails [1]

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  I don't my why I never received it in my
own INBOX.  Again, I apologize for the word "ignore."

> Regarding to the platform-specificness of the gst, I agree, and I must
> remember that the gst are __potentially__ cross-platform, but in the
> other hand, I'd expect platform users or developers collaboration for
> getting new distros or platforms added in gst, I think I just can't hold
> the weight of doing gst truly cross-platform for all the environments
> supported by gnome.

I fully support this.  Like I said, g-s-t looks cool, and I am willing
to do the work for FreeBSD.  I guess my point is about g-s-t's _current_
readiness for 2.4.

> [1]
> http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/setup-tool-hackers/2003-May/000097.html

Thanks, again.