Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

>I think the way to go here would be to move Yelp to Gecko, drop gtkhtml2
>and use gtkhtml for Evolution. In the long run, would it be possible to
>move Evolution to Gecko? Then we could depricate both gtkhtml and
>gtkhtml2.

I have not looked at it very closely but it would seem that the editor api
is embed friendly. With not too much modifications it could be possible
to extend gtkmozembed to support editing. Basically a switch to put the
widget in edit mode and a few functions to execute commands (string identifier
+ parameters).

>I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Galeon/Epiphany developers,
>would it be possible to break out your wrapping code for gecko into it's
>own library, say libgnome-html or something that can be used by projects
>such as Yelp, Devhelp, Evolution?

Could you make a list of functionalities you would need for Yelp and DevHelp
? I think blizzard is favourable to extend gtkmozembed api now. Probably
it would be better to have them there instead of creating yet another wrapper.
Anyway one way or another if there is need of a more powerfull gecko widget
I'd be happy to help with it.

Marco