Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

sön 2003-10-12 klockan 22.43 skrev Sriram Ramkrishna:

> > > Then you strike out already.  It's been gone over before, translators
> > > and such need you on GNOME CVS.
> >
> > Um, isn't Gstreamer part of Gnome and hosted on Sourceforge?
>
> Gstreamer is a generic backend is by definition is used by any project that
> wants to use it.  GNOME has adopted Gstreamer as a core technology to
> provide a multimedia framework.  But it's not part of GNOME.

Still, we've tried and are still trying to convince the Gstreamer guys
to move to GNOME CVS so that we can get Gstreamer localization and
translations really working and all. After all, GNOME and GNOME
applications are still the main users of Gstreamer, and we could really
use the benefits of using the same CVS, in particular for efforts like
translation.

Making the GNOME situation worse by introducing Gaim as yet another core
GNOME component/dependency that is not hosted in GNOME CVS does not help
our efforts to create an integrated, localized and consistent GNOME
experience at all. All of our GNOME localization effort is based on
having teams that can work cross-module in the same CVS and on the whole
of that same CVS in order to create and maintain complete and consistent
translations, and also track their efforts in doing that. If we don't
have that possibility any longer, we might as well give up.

Christian