Re: [Fwd: [Usability] Do we need multiple GNOME sessions/user?]

Am Fr, den 17.10.2003 schrieb Sean Middleditch um 17:47:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 11:32, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > Some months ago I sent this message to the usability list but didn't get
> > any answer. Maybe it was the wrong list, since this is a very
> > fundamental problem.
> > Opinions? Comments?
>
> I think the biggest need for them is when a user logs into her account
> from multiple machines - different machine configurations can have
> wildly different session needs.

Maybe we should find another solution, though. Does this really need to
be in GNOME or shouldn't there be some DE independent way of doing this?
Is this relevant for freedesktop? There seem to be some docs available
under http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/Home (X session management
protocol, session management library (SMlib)). I don't claim to be a
session expert, but having this done DE-specific is apparently
braindead.

regs,
 Chris