Re: Mount point detection [was: Re: GtkFileChooser API work]

El mar, 02-09-2003 a las 15:09, Alexander Larsson escribió:

[...]

> > Perhaps we could do something like the Apple's autodiskmount[1] daemon?
> >
> > We could use DBUS as the notification protocol, this way we could share
> > the removable volume notification between GNOME, KDE, XFCE or any other
> > application that could need it.
>
> Having only one application doing all the stating, monitoring and
> reading of various strange files makes heaps of sense to me. Of course,
> i'm not sure Gnome is ready to make DBus a dependency at the moment.

Of course I'm talking about the future, we should not use DBus until it
reaches the 1.0 release  with an API freeze, but we could start the
split and use Bonobo or Corba notification until DBus is ready an then
update the notification stuff so we can share it across nonGNOME
applications.

Cheers.