Re: GtkFileChooser API work [getting OT]

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 04:24, iain wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 03:09, George Farris wrote:
> >
> > I'm hoping people will get away from .dot files in a persons $HOME.
> > Please consider supporting the ~/.var/ and ~/.etc structures.  So in
> > your example I would put this file in ~/.var/file-chooser-directories
>
> Yeah, lets fill the home directory with lots of obscure directories
> whose 3 letter names mean nothing to most people.
>
> iain

They're not supposed to mean anything to most people, thats why they are
hidden. If the user wants to look at them, its a far sight better than
filling the home directory with hundreds of individual hidden files
which are equally incomprehensible to people who dont know what "etc"
means.

Cheers,
Ryan