Re: SVG format in metacity, gtk, desklets and build system for Gnome

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 15:42, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> <SNIP>

>  SVG is just too complicated and the Metacity theme format
> is simple, intuitive and enforces constraints that keep the user
> experience a bit more sane.

Not everything becomes more complicated, if Metacity implemented its
gradients in a SVG compatible way then making gradients in themes would
probably be easier as we could cut'n paste the gradient code, thus
making it easy to use tools such as sodipodi to aid in the creation of
metacity themes.

That said, I do think there are other more pressing concerns in both
metacity and GNOME in general.

Christian