Re: [Patch] A clipboard daemon for gnome-settings-daemon

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 06:13, Hongli Lai wrote:

> > They have other things to do.
>
> Not an excuse. It takes you at most a few days (or even one day) to understand
> the basics. Sure you don't have to be a guru, but unwillingness to spend a
> little time to learn the *basics* is just laziness.

I think you must not have *ever* worked anywhere but in a technical
environment.  Trust me, the previous poster is correct, people just want
things to work they don't necessarily understand it.  I work at a
University-College and even the people that grew up with DOS and now
work in a windows environment don't understand the things they used to
about computers.  They have other tasks that are more important.  You
really must have an open mind about this, sure it would be great if
education would solve these things but it just isn't going to happen.
It has to "just work" or it's no good.  This common theme about GNOME 2
and greater is it's single most brilliant concept.  "Software that just
works".  Yes I know we're not there yet but it gets closer every day.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>