Re: Deleting special desktop objects

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 06:08, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> I am trying to figure out what the default behavior is for deleting
> special desktop objects. I cannot remove either the Home or Trash
> desktop objects. However, I got a review comment on the User Guide that
> says that you can delete these special desktop objects, however, they
> are added back your desktop when you log in again. So which is correct:

In 2.2 you could delete these but they would be re-created on login.

In 2.4 they are no longer files, but meta-objects created by nautilus.
They can no longer be removed in their context menus but instead are
controled by the gconf keys in /apps/nautilus/desktop which allow you to
disable and rename these Home and Trash.

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org