windows focus

Not sure if this is the right list to be asking these questions.

I am having issues with with window focus when trying to alt-tab or atl-esc between windows. Alt-Tab bring up in the middle of the screen the list of windows, and cycles through them as I continue to press tab, it also brings up the outline of the window that would be switched to. However, when I release the alt key that window does not recieve any focus. It simply stays in the state as described, with the frame highlighted and list in the middle of the screen. Atl-esc is behaving similarly. When I alt-esc between windows, they are raised to the surface but when I relase the alt key, focus is not taken. Also, when I cycle between destops using ctrl-atl-arrow the list of destops that comes up in the middle of the screen does not go away until I either click on something, or press alt again. All of the above seem to have something to do with the system not recognising that I have let go of the alt key. Not sure really, but that does somewhat account for the behavour.

I'm running latest Gnome from http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/repository.html. This has been present sice I started using 2.3 around 2.3.3. Probably should have reported this earlier. So now that I've said all that, does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Is it likely to be a gnome bug, or more likely to be a Damien bug ;)

Cheers

--
Damien