Re: Broken po files

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 02:43, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> I am going to be making a scrollkeeper release in about 12
> hours, so if somebody can point out a legitimate problem, I
> will fix it.

I would like to point to that localstatedir problem which I have been
reporting a few times on the scrollkeeper ML over the last few years. It
has been confirmed to be a problem but never fixed.

example:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/usr/local/var

Creates a /usr/local/var/lib/scrollkeeper dir after installation of
scrollkeeper.

Now when installing a different package say (as good example)
gnome2-user-docs which then runs scrollkeeper-update a new directory is
being created where all the processing is done.

/usr/local/var/scrollkeeper

But from my investigations these things has to go into

/usr/local/var/lib/scrollkeeper

This problem can be easily reviewed and happens all the time. I would
pretty much recommend to finally fix this if possible because I have
given up hope this to happen after the few years of reporting it. My
personal own solution is to:

cd /usr/local/share/var
ln -s lib/scrollkeeper scrollkeeper

To make scrollkeeper-update 'somehow' work in the same directory. It
would be nice if any 'jhbuild', 'cvsgnome' or other selfcompiler people
could confirm this.