Re: network://

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 18:35 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 18:14, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We are planning, in gnome-network, to do some Zeroconf (aka RendezVous)
> > support. One of the things we are thinking is to have some special
> > folders in network:// that allow the user to view the autodetected
> > services for different protocols.
>
> Rock!
>
> Question: are you planning on writing custom ZC code for GNOME, or using
> an existing library (or set of libraries) ?

yes, the plan is to provide a set of classes in a libgnetwork library,
so that other GNOME apps can use it. We are right now waiting on
approval from gmdns author to integrate it in our libgnetwork. (gmdns is
in GNOME CVS).

>  Are we talking SLP, MDNS,
> etc?

first, mdns, since we've got an implementation, which works. Then, SLP,
etc, yeah

>   What kind of integration, if any, with system installed MDNS (if
> using MDNS) responders and resolvers is planned?

we're not clear yet on all the issue, so any suggestion would be really
helpful. What do you have in mind?

cheers