Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Die, 2003-09-16 at 23:38, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

> I was just saying that Windows used to be mostly spatial

I think what Arik pointed to was that there is no such property as
"mostly spatial" really. If it works not completely and absolutely
reliably spatial (which doesn't mean there can't be some other means to
do browsing beside that), the models breaks down very quickly and the
user loses confidence. Much like if spatial objects in the real world
would be unreliably spatial. I know that if my living room's location
and dimensions suddenly wouldn't be 100% reliable, I'd have a hard time
recovering from that :) The same should apply to spatial file managers,
since it's claimed that their sharing of spatial properties with real
world objects is what makes them easier to understand and use