Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Mit, 2003-09-17 at 19:51, Arik Devens wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 01:34  pm, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> Rather then have a tree view applet, which seems like it would probably
> just confuse new users, it might make more sense to have a Mac OS style
> tree view in the spatial window.
>
> What Mac OS called the "list view" was actually just a tree that showed
> files and folders. Hunt down a screenshot of the Mac OS 9 Finder to see
> what I mean, it worked really well.

My only experience with Macs dates back to MacOS 7.x, but I seem to
remember it was there too. I remeber it as being convenient. I withhold
judgement about which is more confusing, list view or tree applet. What
I like about a tree applet is that it separates the the metaphors more
cleanly IMHO. A list view that is just an indented tree is again a
browser, and I see not much difference between a list view and a side
pane with a tree as it is now.