Re: Volume handling proposal

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 13:02, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> In a similar vein, tho, if we have autodetect, can we show the device,
> but not actually mount it until accessed?  Some kind of gnome-vfs flag
> or property or something for "this volume is there, but we need to run
> the user mount commands before we access it"

Similarly, can we detect when the button on the drive is pressed and
either unmount and eject the drive if possible, or if not pop up a
dialog listing applications that have open files on the device?  I think
that the UNIX way of having to manually unmount is a little
counterintuitive.  Mac people I guess are a used to it, but having to do
something in the UI when there's already a button for it on the front of
the computer seems silly.

-Rob