Re: spatial stuff detail

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 02:07, Raphael Bosshard wrote:
> My only concern is that there will be a gap between the usual file
> handling (like moving files from one place to the other) and opening
> files from an application (File->Open).

May people, like tigert for instance never use the open dialog. They
just drag stuff from the file manager to the apps.

> Any idea how the object-oriented idea could be applied to the new file
> picker? Else, users will still have the location-based based file
> management around.

Of course, there will still be some amount of navigational UI in the
open dialog, and you can't really get rid of the save dialog...

> I like the idea though. I'm really curious how it "feels" like.

You can already try out the branch. Note that its far from finished and
polished though.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a deeply religious neurotic waffle chef fleeing from a secret government
programme. She's an elegant psychic single mother from beyond the grave. They
fight crime!