Re: Fixing #76159 - libwnck grouping

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:49, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> I am having trouble in libwnck/application.c:get_icons().  It depends on
> the xwindow of the group leader, and I don't have one anymore.

Ah, I don't think you want to change WnckApplication. That is intended
to refer to the window group as defined by the group leader; i.e. main
window plus associated stuff. You would use WnckApplication if you
wanted to implement something like "minimize entire group" probably.

Of course, probably nobody will ever write that (arguably metacity
should just always minimize all transients along with the main window),
but it's what the API is supposed to support.

Maybe we should deprecate WnckApplication and introduce a similar object
using res_class. I can't think of a good name for the similar object
though...

> I don't think I've seen a single program set its application icon to the
> right thing, so does this get used at all?

GTK 2.4 gets it right automatically I believe, so it will get used. Of
course it was mostly important because of the window list using this
icon. ;-)

Havoc