Re: close button on terminal tabs

Hi,

I largely agree with you that we could still significantly improve the
behavior of windows, perhaps even making them competitive with tabs.

A useful exercise might be: if the window list were in order of opening
the window, and there were a shortcut to jump straight to the first N
items in it (like the Alt+1, Alt+2 stuff), what are the important
differences between it and tabs? Maybe "open in background"? We can do
open in background pretty easy for windows, even. Can also pretty easily
do the animated "loading" icon for windows by just changing the icon
repeatedly.

A primary problem is lack of consistency in organizing the whole
application. For example the GIMP doesn't really quite work right with
our current desktop behavior. GIMP, word processor,
media player, and IDE are several distinct examples to consider.

Havoc