2.6 thoughts, questions, bugs and congrats

First of all, let me say a huge congrats to everyone involved in the 2.6
release, it's a sweet, sweet release with a lot of huge improvements all
over the board.  3 cheers and beer to those responsible.

In using this release however, I found a few little things that make me
wonder if it's a legit bug or something wrong with my install (~86
gentoo gnome ebuild).

Desktop/Nautilus
----------------
 - The nautilus manual talks about a 'new server' icon in the network
   places area.  I don't have this, or anything resembling it.  I see
   only my workgroup computers, with no way to create a new one.
 - using 'new connection' to create a link to a network place, ie:
   ssh://alan server, ftp://server/, doesn't work.  It creates the link,
   but clicking on the mount on the desktop gives an error saying 'no
   action associated with 'ftp server'.  Am I missing something?
 - keep aligned on the desktop only seems to work for left right, you
   can still move icons around up/down all willy-nilly.

Configuration
-------------
 - keyboard shortcuts/acme integration is great, but none of my
   multimedia keys work after they are set up for volume, find, web, etc
   :(  They scancode shows up in the system, but nothing happens after
   the key is hit.  This only looks like it's broken for MM keys,
   setting up alt-1 for workspace 1, etc work fine.

Panel
-----
 - the sound control doesn't seem to work with my 2.6.4 alsa setup,
   simply claims mixer is not available
 - Not a huge deal, but no notification areay by default

General
-------
 - one of my biggest bitches is that if you have a prompt you can't
   hit 'esc' to close it, even the simple ones where there are only two
   choices.  I'm going to guess that this is a toolkit problem not
   something that individual apps have to set up (at least for some
   dialoge types.

I know some of these are not bugs per-se, but I wanted to see if anyone
had any comments (install package foo, don't use the gentoo packages, go
away or we shall taunt you again) before I started filing bugs.

Regards,

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain