Re: 2.6 thoughts, questions, bugs and congrats

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 19:58, Alan wrote:
> First of all, let me say a huge congrats to everyone involved in the 2.6
> release, it's a sweet, sweet release with a lot of huge improvements all
> over the board.  3 cheers and beer to those responsible.
>
> In using this release however, I found a few little things that make me
> wonder if it's a legit bug or something wrong with my install (~86
> gentoo gnome ebuild).
>
> Desktop/Nautilus
> ----------------
>  - The nautilus manual talks about a 'new server' icon in the network
>    places area.  I don't have this, or anything resembling it.  I see
>    only my workgroup computers, with no way to create a new one.

Then the manual is out of date.

>  - using 'new connection' to create a link to a network place, ie:
>    ssh://alan server, ftp://server/, doesn't work.  It creates the link,
>    but clicking on the mount on the desktop gives an error saying 'no
>    action associated with 'ftp server'.  Am I missing something?

Dunno whats causing this. It seems to work for most other people.

>  - keep aligned on the desktop only seems to work for left right, you
>    can still move icons around up/down all willy-nilly.

The grid height is smaller than one full icon (one third i believe) for
various reasons.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly arachnophobic rock star in a wheelchair. She's an enchanted
nymphomaniac schoolgirl with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!