Re: 2.6 thoughts, questions, bugs and congrats

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 11:11:18AM +0200, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 09:58 -0800, Alan wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > Panel
> > -----
> >  - the sound control doesn't seem to work with my 2.6.4 alsa setup,
> >    simply claims mixer is not available
>
> Do the gnome-media volume-control work for you? If you have OSS support
> enabled make sure the 'PCM' choice isn't set to null (you can see this
> in the gnome-media volume control or aumix)

Yes and no.  I have the volume control applet in my panel, but when I
try to change volume with it it just snaps back down to nothing.  I
right click and select 'open volume control' which opens as normal, and
my standard controls are there and look fine (vol, pcm, line in, etc.)
and as they are set up with alsamixer on the command line.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain