Re: Gnome File chooser complains

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 08:23, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Users don't normally need to go above their home folder in the
> hierarchy.

Oh really? Our users (hundreds of them) usually have to access sample or
exam files that are outside their home directory. (While some may be on
external mounts, many are not.)

> "External" folders, such as network mounts, should appear in
> the shortcuts list automatically.
>
> You can go to the parent folder by pressing Alt-up, just like in
> Nautilus.

That does not work to go up beyond home.

> > - The Add/Remove buttons are not easy to understand. Now I know what
> > they do because I've asked.
>
> What do you suggest we do to fix them?

Selecting a folder and typing "delete" should remove it, and you should
be able to add directories by dragging them there from the list on the
right.

And why I can't reorder them...?

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences