Re: Window Resizer Grip Inventory

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 14:04 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Couldn't the WM simply put a shaped window over the bottom-right corner
> of the app?

X11 on OS X does basically that...

> You'd also need to have some way for the app to disable this (a window
> hint, most likely).  Many apps which are not expecting the WM to do this
> might put controls in the bottom-right corner that would become
> inoperable.

...and it has basically that problem. I've never seen an app where the
resize grip *completely* obscured something (scrollbar buttons are big
enough to poke out around the grip), but it looks pretty ugly anyway...
I think Apple just decided to not care since it's just X11, not their
real UI. That argument won't work for us though.

And having a "turn off resize grip" hint seems like an odd solution...
if the application is going to be aware of the existence of window
grips, then it should just fix the window layout to make room for one.

-- Dan