Re: new modules consensus

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 12:00, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2004-08-16 at 10:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > >    - gnome-nettool
>
> Disagree. It's simply not reliable enough or debugged enough yet. Basic
> stuff like the traceroute option go strange with multipath for example.

	To me, it sounds like these are "just bugs" that won't affect most
users too badly rather than blocking issues with the design or quality
of the program. If these are relatively minor issues that could easily
be fixed during stable releases, then I don't think there's a big
problem here. Maybe I'm mis-understanding the importance of the issues,
but its hard to judge without bug reports.

	Last time around discussing gnome-nettool, I was worried about how
potentially flakey it is to parse the (fairly complex) output of command
line tools like this and how its completely non-portable and prone to
future changes. I'm still worried about that, but the consensus seems to
be that we include it regardless of concerns like this.

Cheers,
Mark.