Re: default theme consensus

On Thu, 2004-19-08 at 02:37 +0100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Ryan McDougall">
>
> > Can I nominate *you* to make the final call then? No matter what the call
> > is there'll be someone not perfectly content, but maybe a mail from
> > "redhat.com" will be impressive enough to attain the *proper* kind of
> > consensus.
>
> You're specifically asking us to work in a way that we prefer not to (in
> this kind of matter), particularly bringing up company affiliations and
> whatnot. Yes, a decision is always good, but building consensus is part of
> the fun, and a very important element of this process.
>
> - Jeff

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I was just being frustrated. I
hope no one will take offence.

And for the last time, I will disagree, and state that consensus is
good/necessary but the buck needs to stop with someone when the thread
dies. There is no such thing as 100% agreement, but where do 10+ people
draw the line of "good enough" on the same issue?

Anyways it will be interesting to what happens in the end, maybe I can
learn a thing or two. I hope others aren't above learning something
themselves.

Cheers,
Ryan