Re: On the spatial nautilus and the file selector

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:57, Markus Bertheau wrote:
> В Втр, 24.08.2004, в 21:55, Raphael Bosshard пишет:
> > But whenever they want to open/save a file, they have to fall back to
> > the navigational metapher, for the file selector is not spatial. Well,
> > almost nothing is spatial right now.
> >
> > Are there any ideas to solve this problem? Is it a problem at all?
>
> In my understanding the apps should save the files automatically, on the
> desktop (or in another visible place). The user can then put the file
> where he wants it and open it from there. There should be no "save"
> toolbar button / menu entry in most applications.
>
> It'd be soooooooo great if that would be implemented. It's quite a step
> to take for the traditional computer user, though.

But hopefully users would still be able to save the old way.  Coming
from the business world and watching some of the support staff at the
college, they have many tens of folders they save to on a daily basis.
One must be able to browse to a folder.  These people just couldn't
manage saving to the desktop and then having to move.  They'd rip your
guts out for suggesting such a thing:-).

Maybe nice for a home or small business user though.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>