Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

Try epittance. With it you can can just right-click on a directory in
nautilus, and open the properties, and go to the "Sharing" tab. You can
currently only share a directory as read-only, but there are plans to
add support for read/write access, and multiple users, so some people
can write to a directory, and others can only read from it. A plug-in
API is also started, so that additional backends, such as iFolder,
samba, or appleshare could even be used. This is all still a work in
progress, but I think it better fits into the ideology of what
people want to do when sharing files, and it will allow integration with
multi-OS environments better. It also doesn't require any admin set-up
of apache with mod_dav, since it is a simple web server using libsoup.

-- dobey