Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 02:04, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Try epittance. With it you can can just right-click on a directory in
> nautilus, and open the properties, and go to the "Sharing" tab. You can
> currently only share a directory as read-only, but there are plans to

That certainly solves a lot of the UI issues although I'd agree with the
desire to use apache mod_dav for many reasons (DAV is complex, hard to
secure and in general implementation security history is patchy
particularly on the DoS through memory exhaustion side). However nothing
seems to stop apache being used with it from your description of the
plugins.

Can it handle writing a config file and running apache

> multi-OS environments better. It also doesn't require any admin set-up
> of apache with mod_dav, since it is a simple web server using libsoup.

Apache on high ports can be configured without an administrator by a
user application.