Re: rfc: gnome-inetd

On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 02:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I can't see any 'sharing' or user daemon or user orientted stuff in your examples
> here.

> > >  [x] Remote Desktop    (Configure...) -> runs the little config dialogue
> > >  app [ ] File Sharing
> > >
> > > (Man, it's hard to describe g-u-s accurately and concisely, without
> > > confusing it with things like Samba or NFS. Maybe "Web File Sharing"?)

The user stuff like VNC actually works two ways here given such a
daemon. Also think outside of IP for it to bluetooth. In fact bluetooth
also has a passable UI model for some of it because you can have
"Yes/No/Ask"

	"Dave wants to connect to your desktop: Allow ?"
	"Miguel wants to send you a PNG file"
	"Your phone wants to send you an SMS"

etc

That would he harder (library help needed) for daemons that avoided
forking lots of copies though.

> > "What do you mean, Jeff?  It uses WebNFS?"  ;-)
>
> "Personal File Sharing" might be good.

"Warez c00l stuffz"