Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 13:38, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> And they all have different sets of patches, and are installed with
> different configurations. Does everyone ship apache with mod_dav
> installed and enabled by default? Every distro ships mozilla too. Yet we

More ship apache then your code. If your code is used they must add your
code.
If your code is not used they must add mod_dav if they don't ship it. It
seems to me the question is rather irrelevant.

Having worked for a vendor for a few years I've come to the conclusion
that they can handle basic dependancy considerations just fine.

Similarly you said you want to support multiple backends.

Alan