Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 16:36 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> >  - the symlinks hack makes the implementation model even more
> >    complicated, and we have empirical evidence that programmers
> >    and script authors will not understand said model and will
> >    use it incorrectly
>
> Bugzilla.gnome.org is proof that programmers will use any API
> incorrectly. This is a strawman.

BTW, we do try to design APIs such that they are relatively hard to use
incorrectly when possible. Certainly not always possible or always
successfully, but it is a valid API design goal.

The fact that people use them incorrectly sometimes doesn't mean you
can't increase or decrease the probability.

Havoc