Re: gnome-vfs build issue

Ter, 2004-12-14 às 16:37 +0100, James Henstridge escreveu:
> On 14/12/04 16:20, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> >http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/ONGOING/gnome-vfs.html#build
> >
> >Looks like this commit:
> >
> >http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-vfs/ChangeLog?rev=1.2056&view=markup
> >
> >broke the build, at least for folks (like the build box) that don't
> >have hal installed. Can we fix, please?
> >

> It appears to be a variable that is only used if --enable-hal is passed
> to configure.  This wouldn't normally be an error, but -Werror is being
> used ...

  -Werror is _evil_

  My box has gcc 3.4.2, which gives a lot of spurious "void return value
in non-void function" warnings, thus breaking compilation of any modules
using -Werror (e.g. gstreamer).  What's the point of -Werror?  Those
developers that really care about it can tweak their own CFLAGS to turn
it on, without breaking build for the rest of us.  Can we please get rid
of it in makefiles?

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.