Finally - sane NEWS information!

So,

I don't know why, but this afternoon I felt like I had to solve this mofo
once and for all. Why? I hate putting out stable and devel releases without
nice changelogs from all the modules. I *really* hate it, and I'm sure lots
of our users do (there are usually comments about this on FootNotes). In the
past, it has been just too much work, and attempting to get everyone to use
the same NEWS format has proved impossible. So I routed around the damage...

Now you'll see the latest additions to the top of every module's NEWS file
in ftp-release-list mails [1], and soon the LATEST.xml RSS feed. Plus, I can
rip all of this info out for our aggregate stable and development release
announcements. *YES!*

  So if your favourite maintainer isn't writing elite NEWS entries, you can
  give them lots of stick. There's no excuse now, everyone can read them! :)

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ftp-release-list/2004-February/msg00124.html

                           Wars end, love lasts.