Re: Proposed: monkey-bubble

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 05:53:06PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> monkey-bubble
> -------------
>
> Should we have yet another game? Should we have another game in a totally
> new module? Would Callum accept it into gnome-games? It's certainly cool,
> with nice graphics, based on a highly addictive and dangerous game. This one
> is probably up to Callum. Do we have enough non-Desktop games that a GNOME
> Games release would make sense?
>

> Further discussion goes HERE! :-)

I would prefer not to have monkey-bubble in gnome-games. This is nothing
against monkey-bubble, but the current list of games is unsustainable from
a maintanence point of view. My intention is to do a slash and burn job
on the games in gnome-games in the 2.7/2.8 timeframe[1] and then would be a
good time to put it in gnome-games.

If there is a large amount of interest I am prepared to be beaten
into submission on this one since for the 2.5/2.6 cycle it won't mean
any serious work for me. It's just the future I worry about.

This assumes that the monkey-bubble authors want to do it this way, they
have never approached me. Then again, I have never seriously approached
them.

 - Callum

[1] Probably a split into gnome-games-core for popular games I can maintain
and gnome-games-b-sides for games I won't place any priority of maintaining.
But that is a discussion for the future.