Re: Proposed: libgnetwork

<quote who="Joe Marcus Clarke">

> Like I said in my gnome-network email, it looks like they might be
> converting to libgnetwork.  In any event, I don't think there are any
> libgail-gnome dependencies, but it's part of the desktop.

(It's dynamically used, providing a11y stuff for gnome widgets.)

> I vote ``yes'' on libgnetwork.  I think it's got a lot of great potential,
> and perhaps by including it in the desktop, more components will switch to
> using it instead of rolling their own.

I'm not sure we should be using this argument to rationalise inclusion in
the Desktop release. We could make a lot of mistakes doing this. I think
that Linus' strategy with the Linux kernel (include things once they're
proven, or strongly supported by maintainers using them) is the kind of
'policy' we ought to take.

However, if gnome-network converts to libgnetwork in time, then there's very
little debate on this point. :-)

- Jeff

      "Trying to get a PC to analyse one of the most abstract forms of
   language - the poem - is like trying to drill for oil with a banana."
                               - The Register