Re: New external dependecy request (ICU)

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:18:19AM +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 23:23, Keld J??rn Simonsen wrote:
> > I think one of the problems that the USA has with TR 14652, is
> > that they say that it is not implementable, and it is not used or
> > required by anybody.
>
> But doesn't glibc *already* implement it?!!

Yes, except for a few things. I believe that some of the US arguments
are bogus. I have pointed that out to them, but they did not want to
change their statements. Lately, however, it seems that we have gotten a
better understandanding of each other's views (eg on finalizing the
ISO 15897 cultural register, which contains POSIX locales and charmaps,
amongst other things). I might have a feeling that continuing explaining
eachothers views and listening to eachother can finally lead to better
understanding. But it also just may be that they wanted to finish the
thing and get done with it.

best regards
keld