Re: default printer gnome

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 02:18, Alexander Sack wrote:
> I am using cups for printing. Everything works fine, but I experience
> that most (all I tested) gnome applications do not notice which
> printer is set as default in cups. Is there something that I am missing?
> Maybe there is a gnome specific printer config app?

gnome-print interrogates cups about the default printer and sets it
accordingly. I just checked it on my installation and it seems to work
fine. So any gnome apps using gnome-print (gnumeric, gedit,...) should
use the cups default printer. Which program fail for you in that
respect?

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences