Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

>Comments?

I personally have one problem with it. I find the Gnome 2.6 release
under-featured if Evolution goes out of the way.

Yes, under the hood there have been changes and great additions, but except
the new GtkFileChooser (which is discussed and requested for ages now, and
so I don't even consider it anymore as a "new" feature -- even if it is) and
the spatial Nautilus (which many people utterly hate and so for these people
this won't even considered a 'feature'), there are no other *notable*
user-visible changes.

This situation can have a negative impact "marketing-wise" to this release.
Especially when KDE 3.2 (released around the Gnome's 2.6 release timeframe)
is supposed to be a much more full-featured release in comparison to their
version 3.1.5. This might sound a lot like shallow marketing blah-blah, but
when it comes to try to attract as many users as possible from both other
OSes but also from other DEs, these things do matter.

I am not suggesting to push Evolution to 2.6 in case is really not ready,
but I would suggest to find a... replacement for its absense in order to
cope with the "user visible new features" problem. Rhythmbox or Totem or
Anjuta 1.2.1 might be able to play that game in 2.6's favor IMHO, but
really, this is mostly a marketing/strategic decision to be made more than a
developement one.

Best Regards,
Eugenia

ps. BTW, are you going to offer the new Ximian Desktop with Evolution 2.0?