Re: GNOME HIG and freedesktop.org spec. a bit contradicting??

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:02, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 20:00 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > I would go as far as to suggest moving an updated/modified Gnome
> > HIG (v1.2+ and beyond) to freedesktop.org. This way, DEs that would
> > want to follow the fd.org standards in general would also standardize
> > on the HIG's look & feel and truly help to the creation of an
> > omogenous unix desktop.
>
> I disagree to this suggestion. There are plenty points to not have the
> GNOME HIG become a general desktop standards of look & feel. One of them
> is that the GNOME HIG is far from being perfect, ideal, optimal.

  1) This has been discussed worked on before - see the openhci list
     on freedesktop.org

  2) Neither of you are developer and neither of you are actually going
     to do anything about it. This is a working list for GNOME
     developers and contributors and, in that context, this is just
     noise.

Cheers,
Mark.