Re: Vino: proposal for inclusion in GNOME 2.8

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 01:23, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 20:40 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > 	To try out Vino, download it from here:
> >
> >   http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/vino/2.7/
> >
> > 	and build it. Alternatively, just build it with jhbuild (i.e. jhbuild
> > buildone vino). Vino has an optional dependency on GNU TLS, but appart
> > from that only requires libgnomeui, gtk+, libglade, GConf etc.
>
> I've tried vino from Red Hat's rawhide, and I noticed that after
> "turning off" vino 5900 was still listening. Known bug? I just wanted to
> know if it's worth it to look it up and tap this hole.

	If my memory serves me right, when you "turn it off" it stops accepting
connections, puts any existing clients on hold and then after 30 seconds
of being "switched off" it shuts down.

	The idea is to give you a chance to change your mind and nicely handle
somebody repeatedly clicking on the checkbox.

	It'd be great if you could confirm that this *is* actually the
behaviour, though.

Cheers,
Mark.