Re: Vino: proposal for inclusion in GNOME 2.8

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 11:40 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > I've tried vino from Red Hat's rawhide, and I noticed that after
> > "turning off" vino 5900 was still listening. Known bug? I just wanted to
> > know if it's worth it to look it up and tap this hole.
>
> 	If my memory serves me right, when you "turn it off" it stops accepting
> connections, puts any existing clients on hold and then after 30 seconds
> of being "switched off" it shuts down.
>
> 	The idea is to give you a chance to change your mind and nicely handle
> somebody repeatedly clicking on the checkbox.
>
> 	It'd be great if you could confirm that this *is* actually the
> behaviour, though.

Ok, it seemed to take more than 30 seconds, but I was counting without a
cronometer so I might have counted too fast.

However, even 10 seconds is too much. What if you think something is
wrong and want to turn it off? Joe user won't think of killall vino-
server

If listening is turned off, then it should be turned off, there should
be no doubts about that. Giving it a margin of a few seconds 'on hold'
for current users is understandable, though.

I'll look into it.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?