Re: how to make desktop app send email?

Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 05:09:10PM +0100, Andrew Sobala escribió:

>This is why bug-buddy doesn't work on my machine too - it's the only
>program that uses sendmail, and I don't have a working sendmail (exim)
>configuration.
>
>For the record, there are plans to make bug-buddy submit via XML-RPC
>over HTTP; one of the advantages you pick up by doing this is removing
>the dependency on sendmail. Others include much nicer server-side
>parsing, although the legacy interface will continue to exist for old
>bug-buddys. But that hasn't quite happened yet.

	and we need to put the xml-rpc patch in libsoup before the
freeze, that is .... before Monday... go go go! :)

	also for the record I tried Federico's code for invoking
evolution mail composer via bonobo/corba and some changes needed to be
made:
	* You need to use bonobo activation.
	* You always need a shell before the mail componenet:

 factory = bonobo_activation_activate_from_id ("OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_Factory:1.5", 0, NULL, NULL);
 shell = bonobo_activation_activate_from_id ("OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Shell:1.5", 0, NULL, NULL);

	and finally it doesn't work :). It fails to work as an individual componenet at
GNOME_Evolution_Composer_setBody because some camel mutex are not
correctly initializated.

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas