Re: Proposed: vino

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 20:11 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> (This is a thread-starter for the final module discussion before the release
> team reports back with a summary and proposal, which will aim to represent
> the consensus of the community. Please be kind to authors, and start totally
> new threads if there's a reason to shift off-topic.)

>   Vino is a VNC server for GNOME - it allows someone to remotely connect
>   to your desktop session using the RFB protocol.
>
> Proposal:
>
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-July/msg00051.html

(This is my analysis of the documentation, wearing my GDP FL hat.  This
is not my opinion of the program or its appropriateness for inclusion in
the Gnome desktop.)

Vino has no documentation, although it's possible that Sun has some they
may be willing to give.  Documentation for Vino should probably just be
included in the User Guide.  This is a fairly large undertaking.

--
Shaun