Re: Proposed: cantus

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 16:57 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >cantus uses sigc++ and all the *mm stack, so if we add it to the
> >desktop we should need to add the entire C++ bindings to it.
>
> If the Gnome desktop really needs a tag editor

I would argue that it doesn't as file tagging like cantus does is a "use
once", every so often" application.

> there are two more
> alternatives that the gnome maintainers could discuss bringing in:
> gTag http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=225
> and
> MusicBox http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=81
>
> Apparently their only external dependency is "taglib".

And neither seem to do what cantus does which is to tag multiple files
at once and its already been said that single file tagging really
belongs in Nautilus.

It would have been nice if you looked at various functionality before
pimping your new site...

iain