Re: Proposal comments

<quote who="Rodrigo Moya">

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 12:48 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> > Why does the the desktop platform absolutely _need_ a frontend for
> > networking applications, it's a cool thing, but again does our target
> > audience really need it so badly that it needs to be shipped in the
> > desktop platform release?
>
> those tools help in the diagnosis of network problems in an easy way, by a
> simple user. For enterprise deployments, it seems quite helpful to me.

I agree with this -> it's basically the same argument as we'd use for vino
(and to a lesser degree, zenity). Mostly useful for admins supporting GNOME
users and systems, but also useful for some kinds of users.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

      "But in the software world, that's daily business." - Kent Beck
     "That's pissing money away and leaving scar tissue." - Alan Cooper