Re: Important desktop-wide change (MIME)

> Here's a question.  What should happen with applications that use a
> pluggable backend so that, when something gets installed, suddenly they
> can handle more mime types ?
Hmm.  I guess you would have to update the desktop file and then rerun
update-desktop-database.  There are plans to simplify things somewhat by
enhancing desktop-file-install that may help here.

> Is there really no way to make the property of an application that says
> which mime types it handles more dynamic ? Or should we just register
> every single mime type it could ever possibly handle, and then let the
> application fail ?
That's a possibility, too, of course (although not a very good one)

--Ray