Re: Proposed: evolution

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 01:45, Sander Vesik wrote:
> --- Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> wrote: > On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 23:47, William Jon
> McCann wrote:
> > > Is a ximian.com -> gnome.org bugzilla switch over still on the table?
> >
> > If anyone wants to put in the work for this, please get in contact with
> > me and bugmaster gnome org and we can talk about what would need to be
> > done. I'd guess about a week's work, depending on how many problems you
> > run into. You'd need to be fluent in perl and mysql.
> >
> > Otherwise, it will happen when someone gets round to it, and there are
> > more important issues for the GNOME bugmasters at any rate right now :)
> >

> Surely the evolution team reserved time for this? I mean - this is a very well known
> step as part of being in the desktop release and as evolution was already proposed
> for the previous version of gnome I don't see how they could possibly have
> overlooked it.

It was brought up on d-d-l quite a while ago. It's something that would
be very nice, but I can't imagine trying to block evolution going into
GNOME for bugzilla issues. At least they use a bugzilla, and aren't
stuck on that sourceforge monstrosity ;)

(the "I don't have time, so why should the evolution team have time
either" argument)

--
Andrew