Re: Proposed: evolution

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 14:59, Bryan Clark wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 14:29 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > can you actually find any Ximian Evolution or Novell Evolution strings
> > anywhere in your evolution? cuz I can't :-)
>
> On a purely academic test that isn't anywhere near conclusive or
> complete...
>
> [clarkbw rhbw evolution]$ grep -r \(\"Evolution * | wc -l
> 32

Evolution is the name of the program... that wouldn't show any signs of
the Ximian or Novell branding.  And no, GNOME does not require that apps
lose their application name.  Epiphany is still called Epiphany.
Nautilus is still called Nautilus.  Letting Evolution be Evolution is
just fine, so long as we're not throwing in the corporate bias (Novell
Evolution, Ximian Evolution, etc.)
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.