Re: bug no. 77300 : "Run Program" dialog's command history should remember "Run in terminal" settings

Hi,

> > IIRC, the run dialog still uses GnomeEntry and should be ported to
> > GtkComboBoxEntry. Is there a way to save the history of
> > GtkComboBoxEntry (like GnomeEntry does)?

Assuming that GtkComboBoxEntry does not provide this history saving
functionality, shouldn't you port GnomeEntry to derive from
GtkComboBoxEntry and continue to use it? I mean, it does provide
additional functionality ...

> > As for knowing if what's better between gconf and the xml file, I'm no
> > expert for this, si I'll let other people answer...
> GConf is used to store some preferences that are very specific to a
> application, but the kind of preferences that we want to store are bit
> different from what is stored in GConf. Galoen stores history in a XML
> file, and i think the same should be applicable here also.
> Any opinions?

Personally I disagree on the grounds that GnomeEntry also uses GConf to
store its history. Seems like overkill to use an XML file to store
something so simple.

For example, the following key stores the history of the run dialog:

/apps/gnome-settings/gnome-panel/history-gnome-run

- Frank