Re: Enable voting on Bugzilla?

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 22:47, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> Someone pointed out to me that some projects, such as KDE, allow bug
> filers to vote for their most or least favourite bugs through bugzilla.
> Although we know F/OSS is not a democracy, I think this would be a
> valuable way to stay in touch with the user community at large.
>
> Here is a link to the feature itself:
> http://www.bugzilla.org/docs214/html/programadmin.html#VOTING
>
> Can we add this feature to GNOME bugzilla?

It's been strongly opposed in the past, check list archives.

I continue to think it's a bad idea. "Me too" comments are always on the
most idiot bugs that least need "me too" comments, and voting is surely
the same basic thing as a "me too" comment.

If someone wants to have input they should join the bugsquad and put the
bug on a release critical list or other useful query...

Or vote with patches or other meaningful assistance...

Havoc